Wednesday 11 February 2009

London

Ahh, already blogging has become another wonderful way to, how shall I put this in a constructive way, take a break from what I'm supposed to be doing. This is up there with with my favourites including, calling friends and checking emails - again and again...

So, to London!

Feeling like Steve Martin in The Jerk, myself and my husband made it out of our small town (wee toun) in Scotland and got the train down to the Big City last Friday to attend the opening of the Manga Jiman exhibition in the Japanese Embassy (running until April - very exciting work). Armed with only email print outs for our travel tickets, hotel booking and exhibition invite I can only tell you I was highly skeptical about getting there at all. However, like a dream everything went smoothly and we arrived refreshed and excited. We tried not to look too excited though, knowing that thieves can spot a tourist at twenty leagues through one glimpse of a goofy smile.

As the trip wore on the suspicion that everyone was out to get us and nobody is friendly began to evaporate. Even when I made the mistake of bringing out my map, wholly expecting locals to run away and muggers to come closer, all I got in reality was a lovely lady attentively give me all the help and directions I needed. It was only when she got on her bus that I remembered to check for my wallet. There it was, safely tucked in my zip up pocket.

So, I found London to be a lovely, friendly, exciting wee toun that I hope to visit again very soon.

Cheers pals x x

1 comment:

  1. you should get your fine self down here again pretty darn sharpish!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you've made my day x x