Monday 5 October 2009

Why do I always fall for it?


Hello again me! (I am trying to get my blog 'out there' - but all I've managed to do so far is to click on something that makes me follow it myself!!!) Oh well, at least I've increased my fan base by 100%! It must be more than that, surely zero increasing to a whole one is more than 100% - I would venture that is a clear infinity percent increase, so take take that Blogger Kingdom!

Anyway, where was I? What pearls of wisdom was I going to impart before I so rudely interrupted myself? Ahhhh, yes... the 'falling for it' thing.

So, first of all, I've been trying to promote my book - yep, you know the one The Device, The Devil... (I'd be a fool to forget the link...) Anyhoo, I've been eagerly sending out recommendations to book groups and excitedly awaiting any responses - surely they'd be interested in hearing from a new author? So I got one! Hooray! I opened up the email and there it was, 'We'd be delighted to list your book as recommended reading for all 750 reading groups!' How wonderful, I thought. It went on... 'Just deposit $50 in our secure account' then listed all the ways I could pay. Never mind.

THEN, I saw an advert on Gumtree showing a picture of the most gorgeous and cute little chihuahua puppy who desperately needed a good home. Again, I was excited. I duly typed my email with shaking fingers explaining what a wonderful adopted mother I'd make to this little puppy and how I would send photos and even arrange visits because I know how hard it must be to give up a precious little puppy dog. And so it went on. I got a reply, 'will you promise to take care of my wee Lulu?' etc, etc. I said yes and couldn't believe my luck! I had been selected as the successful candidate out of 35 others (I'd seen the viewer count)! I waited for one more reply. It came. 'Just deposit £100 into my secure account (and listed ways to pay) then the dog will be shipped to you as soon as the funds clear.'

So the darling puppy in desperate need of a loving family became the 'dog' and I became a fool.

So there you have it.

But my darlings, this blog is free! And you can have my book for free! All you have to do is deposit a one time goodwill fee of £10 into my secure account (£11 if you want it sent in real life) and the book is yours! Of course further copies would need similar 'donations' but I am delighted to offer you this 'no catch' offer!

If you do want something genuinely for free - visit my website, www.ScottishAuthor.co.uk and read my wee ebook, Coco and Tino Go Outside - just for you - with no catch! x x x x

1 comment:

  1. I checked your book out at Scottish Author. Good luck. I like your blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment - you've made my day x x